Slow and Steady but Discouraged

This is the longest I've stuck to actively trying to lose weight. I started back in May with CICO and walking. It took me a while to find a good daily calorie goal (it's been everything between 1600 and 2100), but I've been settled at around 1800 calories per day for about a month now. With that, I'm set to lose 0.5-1 lbs per week. Because it took me so long to settle and fall into a routine, I've only lost 10 lbs in the past 6 months. At this rate, I'll hit my goal weight in FIVE YEARS. I don't know if I can keep it up that long. I see people on here and r/progresspics losing three times more than me in the same amount of time, and it's so discouraging.

My current daily calories are perfectly filling and sustainable for the long run, and I want to form those good habits, but how do I keep up the motivation to keep tracking, even if I have to do it for the next five years? I feel like tracking is the only thing I can do because things like intuitive eating counterintuitively have me more focused on food than tracking.

I'm also in a situation where I don't make a lot of my own food, so there's a lot of guesswork going on in tracking. As much as I can, I try to overestimate calories (say, if there's an option for a 200-calorie burger and a 250-calorie burger on the LoseIt! app, I'll choose the 250 one), but it's also discouraging that I can't be exact.

Sorry for the rambly post. I guess it's part rant/part asking for advice.

submitted by /u/peachy_lean
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3kbv8dL
Slow and Steady but Discouraged Slow and Steady but Discouraged Reviewed by Health And Fitness on October 17, 2020 Rating: 5

No comments:

Recent Comments

Powered by Blogger.