Question for the truly obese (and formerly obese): How to stay hopeful when the data shows the likelihood is near zero?

I have been Obese since I hit puberty (a combo of bad eating habits taught at home and losing the genetic lottery - both my parents were obese). I've been trying to lose weight for 23 years. I've lose 100lbs twice (going from 300s down to the 200s) only to gain it all back again twice.

I've been recently doing another round of research to see if there's something I"m missing (I've tried CICO, Atkins, stimulants, WFPB, Intermittent Fasting, etc.) and I came across this cohort study from 2015 that shows the chance of an Obese male recovering and reaching a "normal" weight is .5% (half of one percent).

Recently my doctor flat out told me "I think you should focus on eating healthy, not on losing weight. You will probably never be thin."

And so, a question for those in the Obese (Ideally class 2 and above people): what keeps you going when the odds of success are lower than surviving most cancers? Why do you keep trying?

submitted by /u/dualhammers
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3b8taZ4
Question for the truly obese (and formerly obese): How to stay hopeful when the data shows the likelihood is near zero? Question for the truly obese (and formerly obese): How to stay hopeful when the data shows the likelihood is near zero? Reviewed by Health And Fitness on May 05, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Recent Comments

Powered by Blogger.