NSV - my coffee is nearly sugar free! LITTLE EFFORTS ADD UP!
I love coffee, and I have always been envious of my mom who drank it black, but I learned from my dad who drank it with copious cream and sugar (and unsurprisingly has a weight problem.) It’s been a mini goal to get to drinking coffee with just enough milk to prevent heartburn. (I do drink tea, but don’t like it in the morning.)
I started a year ago at 3 Splenda and 3 tbsp of liquid whipping cream. (Ugh). That was, embarassingly, an improvement from earlier days. I’ve eliminated all artificial sweeteners from my diet and try to eat as little added sugar as possible now, so the sugar in my coffee is pretty much it all day unless I specifically plan something in.
Here’s the difference it has made:
-I’m now down to 1 tsp of sugar (15kcal) and 2 tbsp of half and half (39kcal). 54kcal total. -My “old” coffee was 180 calories (with Splenda!! Wtf!) I drink on average 11 cups of coffee a week (2xday during school and 1 on work days). That’s a difference of 1,440 kcal per week! (Though that wasn’t a change that happened all at once.)
I’ve lost about 5 pounds just over the transition downward. I’m working toward eliminating the sugar entirely, and if I can find low acid keurig pods I may be able to eliminate the milk too.
If your life is too stressful or busy to make big changes, look for areas where you can trim or make little changes. Add 5-10 push-ups to your morning routine. Keep a bowl of salad prepped in the fridge to eat when you get home from work before making dinner. Eat an apple during your movie instead of popcorn. It really is about your mindset, and changing your thought processes about food and eating more than it is about the food itself...
[link] [comments]
from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2MmONX4
No comments: