Cauliflower hushpuppies inspired by u/bob-the-cook

Cauliflower hushpuppies inspired by u/bob-the-cook

When I saw this post a few days ago, Cheesy Cauliflower Fritters, I naturally thought, "I can deep fry that!"

​

Recipe adjusted to my tastes.

1 - 12 oz bag of riced cauliflower

1 - medium shallot

1 - jalapeno

2 - eggs

4 oz - provolone

2 tbsp. - coconut flour

1 tsp. - salt

some - garlic powder

peanut oil

​

sautéed the shallot and jalapeno in olive oil

microwaved riced cauliflower for 6 minutes

grated the provolone

mixed all ingredients by hand

​

Drop ~1.5 tsp dollops into hot oil gently with a spoon (carefully or they will fall apart)

Fry until dark brown and crispy.

​

I fried about 1/3 of the recipe above and made 10 puppies. Initially, I was thinking more of a 'tot', but they are way to good to defile with ketchup. Texture and flavor are more like a cheesy hushpuppy. I'll be doing this again.

​

I don't have an estimate of the nutrients, but should not be too different from u/bob-the-cook 's recipe + an unknown uptake of peanut oil.

First attempt at a formatted post, so if it looks screwy I'll try to fix it.

https://i.redd.it/jailadzml6s11.png

submitted by /u/Klopsawq
[link] [comments]


from Eating Keto Style! | Low-Carb Recipes for the Keto Diet https://ift.tt/2QQwwTV
Cauliflower hushpuppies inspired by u/bob-the-cook Cauliflower hushpuppies inspired by u/bob-the-cook Reviewed by Health And Fitness on October 15, 2018 Rating: 5

No comments:

Recent Comments

Powered by Blogger.