Goodbye, old belt. I won't miss you!
I used to weigh 375lb and was steady there for several years. I had depression and struggled with binge eating. I tried many times to lose weight but always ended up losing discipline and making poor choices. Recently, some things have changed with the mental health and I began trying again. I am down to 325lb in about 2.5 months from altering portions, what I eat, and cutting out almost all sugar.
So today: I have some shorts that were too big from the day I got them and kept them since it was minor and I could wear a belt. I hadn't worn them in a while and was behind on laundry so I threw them on, put on my belt, and much to my surprise, they sagged right off my butt as soon as I started walking. I tried to tighten my belt, only to realize I couldn't without punching a new hole.
Not sure how silly it sounds, but it's probably my proudest personal achievement in a decade. It represents a hurdle I was convinced I was too weak and undisciplined to achieve. I have an a long way yet, but now I think I can do it.
[link] [comments]
from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2AB0MNE
No comments: