Keto Bacon Cheeseburger Soup

Hello and Happy Monday! I noticed that I have a few subscribers and followers! Welcome and Thank you!

Here is what I am cooking tonight! I found it over on Peace Love and Low Carb. You can find a lot of great recipes, e-cookbooks, as well as some great info on the Ketogenic Diet there.

It is definitely a great day for soup here in Lubbock, Texas! I have made this one before and it turned out really well, very hearty and comforting!

Cheeseburger-Soup-copy-750x498

Photo credit: Peace Love and Low Carb

Keto Bacon Cheeseburger Soup

Prep time: 20 minutes Cook time: 60 minutes 12 servings

Here’s what you need:

4 cups beef stock

1 medium tomato, diced (or 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes)

1/4 cup chopped dill pickles

2 tbsp Dijon mustard

2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce

2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley

1 tsp sea salt or to taste

1/2 tsp black pepper or to taste

1.5 lbs ground beef

1 small onion, diced

4 cloves garlic, minced

1.5 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese

1 cup heavy cream

8 slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled

I also added a half teaspoon each of garlic powder and onion powder to the ground beef, which was not in the original recipe.

Here’s what to do:

You can cook this in the slow cooker or on the stove top. I personally prefer the slow cooker because I can just set it and forget it!

For the slow cooker:

Set the cooker to the Low setting, add the beef stock, tomatoes, pickles, dijon, Worcestershire, parsley, sea salt, and pepper

  • In a large skillet, over med-high heat, cook the ground beef, onions, and garlic (and garlic and onion powder, if desired) until the ground beef is browned and cooked all the way through.
  • Drain the excess grease and add to the slow cooker. Cover and cook for around 6 hours.
  • Mix in cheddar cheese and heavy cream, cook an additional hour
  • Add bacon just before serving

For the stovetop:

  • Heat a large dutch oven or stock pot over medium heat.
  • Add the ground beef, onions, garlic, (garlic and onion powder) and cook until the beef is browned and cooked through.
  • Add the beef stock, tomatoes, pickles, dijon, Worcestershire, parsley, sea salt and pepper. Bring to boil, then reduce heat to med-low and simmer for 30 minutes.
  • Mix in cheddar cheese and heavy cream, reduce heat to low, cover and stir occasionally, simmering for 30 minutes
  • Add bacon just before serving

Nutrition info:

Serving Size: 1 cup Calories: 306 Fat: 11g

Net Carbohydrates: 3g Protien: 13g

Enjoy! See you soon!

Cas



from ketogenic-diet « WordPress.com Tag Feed https://ift.tt/2q2zV77
Keto Bacon Cheeseburger Soup Keto Bacon Cheeseburger Soup Reviewed by Health And Fitness on October 16, 2018 Rating: 5

No comments:

Recent Comments

Powered by Blogger.