I weighed myself for the first time since I started and I've lost roughly 15 kilos.
I say roughly because I have no idea what my starting weight was. I weighed myself halfway in October 2017 and I'm positive I weighed more. At that time the scales tipped at 117 but I at least got up to 120 in the months that followed. I struggled with emotional eating and binge eating. I would regularly eat entire pizzas and eat again an hr later. I used food as a crutch for my depression and anxiety issues.
In February I moved, I cut toxic people from my life and I retreated to heal. I still struggle with episodes of deep sadness and struggled with anxiety and panic attacks but I would say I' overall so much happier. I spent 7 months hiding and then finally got to the point where I was ready to start to lose the weight.
I unfortunately don't have progress pics or an actual starting weight because I was ashamed of how bad I got. I'm 18, around 160-165cm tall and I went from a size 12-14 to 18-20. I would love to see how the 15-20 kilos looks dropped but that can't be helped.
So today I was inspired to post because I bought a shirt in May. Its a button down shirt and its a 18 but on the 16 side (womans clothes am I right? 🙄) I tried it on when I got home and almost cried because my arms wouldn't fit into the sleeves and I could only close a few buttons. Today I tried it on for the first time and it fits perfectly. I even have plenty of wiggle room. I was so absolutely ecstatic. I ran to weigh myself and was surprised at the drop. I was always terrified to weigh myself in case the scales were either heavier or the same.
I have probably dropped some of the weight since May but September I have consciously cut down my portion sizes haven't had a binge eating since the end of October.
All this has helped but the most important thing I have done is I have found a way to exercise that I love. Art is my passion so everyday I have spent at least an hr walking and taking photos, looking for inspiration. Sometimes I take my sketch book and find new places to sit and draw.
I am feeling so much better and can come back after an hr of moderate walking feeling invigorated instead of exhausted. Ive started to enjoy the way walking feels and I think I'm going to buy a treadmill for rainy days.
I'm only about halfway to my first goal (80) but I feel like I have a new wind. If you read this far thanks so much for reading 😊
[link] [comments]
from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2LghTYA
No comments: