From ~110kg to 80kg in 7months(~66pounds)
So, hardest part of the journey came to an end I guess. Just wanted to share some thoughts with you guys, especially anyone starting now.
I am a 19 y/o male, 180cm. Around the 15th of November I decided to make a change. Decided to get out there and run for 1 or 2 hours 4 times a week, eat less, move around more, choose vegetables and fruits, avoid high calorie meals etc. Hard at first, but it really, really gets easier. Finally I am at a healthy BMI. Not obese, not overweight, just healthy. Body fat around 13-14% and it looks like I can start putting on some muscle in a while.
Month after month you find yourself getting used to the new habits, you start enjoying the exercise, liking the food, you feel like you can eat stuff you wouldn't before, you have energy, self esteem, acceptance.
And yes, acceptance is a big part of it. People seem to value your looks more than we'd all like to admit. You'll go to parties and find it easier to talk to girls, you'll make more random aquaintances, you look feel and act more healthy in each department of your life. Don't make the mistake of thinking if they would like your old self, if they are there for your looks and not your self. Those looks are your self now.
My advice to anyone starting now and finding it hard to ditch the old diet: Do it before it's too late. Being fat is a sign of the worst kind of irresponsibility, and complete lack of self control. And that shows in your social life, and it eats it from within. There's nothing special about those greasy calorie filled foods, and you'll end up despising them if you do this correctly. And once you get the hang of it, you'll see it's not that hard to keep on track, and you can always control a minor weight gain if you monitor yourself.
That's all I wanted to share, good luck with your journey people.
[link] [comments]
from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2wvhmeR
No comments: