Chaffles in Bulk

I like chaffles and they're easy to make, but I find it a pain to clean the mini waffle irons. So I make large batches and vacuum seal them for the freezer. https://imgur.com/a/nFoETeP

1 egg + 1/2 cup cheese = 2 chaffles

I buy a big 8 cup bag of shredded cheese (so far I've had mozzarella, cheddar, pizza mix, and a Mexican mix) and scaled it up. 1/4 cup mix fits in a mini waffle iron that I spray with coconut oil. I let them cook for 5 minutes. Today I made two flavors: cheddar and pizza mix for about 32 chaffles.

You can add additional flavorings to the basic mix. Sometimes I like to add Italian herbs, garlic powder, and diced sun dried tomatoes for ones I'm going to make into pizzas.

Once they cool down stick them in a freezer for about an hour to get them hard, then place them in a pre-dated vacuum seal bag to seal. They'll squish if you try to vacuum seal them without freezing them first. I fit about 6 in 8x11" vacuum bags.

I wash the inside and out of the waffle iron with a soapy sponge and hot water, then I oil the cooking surface with coconut oil and wipe off excess oil with a paper towel. I wipe the plastic shell and cord with a clorox wipe and dry it with a towel. I individually store them in a resealable bag labeled with the type of cooker because I have a bunch of different kinds (waffle/panini/flat/specialty shapes) and they'll get unruly if they're not individually bagged.

I toast the frozen chaffles in a toaster and use them as waffles, for sandwich bread, and as a mini pizza crust. As I'm typing this I thinking of taking one, slicing it into strips, spray them with some coconut oil and putting them in the air fryer, then spraying some more oil on them and sprinkle some erythritol and cinnamon on them.

submitted by /u/Oscar_Mild
[link] [comments]

from Keto Recipes - Low Carb Recipes for Ketogenic Diets https://ift.tt/2Z8IcJi
Chaffles in Bulk Chaffles in Bulk Reviewed by Health And Fitness on May 16, 2020 Rating: 5

No comments:

Recent Comments

Powered by Blogger.