I don't cook often. Want to help my wife out. Need something easy.

I can cook fine if I have a recipe that is not ambiguous and I can follow it 100%. My wife does like 95% of the cooking because she's just better/faster at it and is able to start supper earlier in the day. If we waited until I got home, I wouldn't even be starting until 6 and that's when we like to eat. Anyway, I want to start preparing some things for her. I really like when I can just throw a bunch of ingredients in a pot, cook it a set amount of time, and then it's done.

I'm not really looking for any stews or chilies. I'm thinking something like meat, with veggies, and some kind of sauce. Prior to keto (which is 5 years for us now), I'd do this a lot. Something like, get some chicken breast, cut them into small chunks, then empty in a can of condensed cream of chicken soup and half a jar of queso and throw in some frozen carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, spinach, or whatever we have. Maybe some bell peppers or onions. I'd rummage through the spices and just add whatever seemed good. Then sometimes, if I was feeling extra special, I'd serve it over rice or pasta. In general though, whatever I cook I want it to be big enough to be it's own meal without needing anything to go with it and preferably at least 1 day of leftovers.

A lot of the things I ended up making this way were definitely not low carb.

We also have an instant pot, so pressure cooker recipes are great too.

submitted by /u/waterboysh
[link] [comments]

from Keto Recipes - Low Carb Recipes for Ketogenic Diets https://ift.tt/3fVSHFW
I don't cook often. Want to help my wife out. Need something easy. I don't cook often. Want to help my wife out. Need something easy. Reviewed by Health And Fitness on May 16, 2020 Rating: 5

No comments:

Recent Comments

Powered by Blogger.