Back to square 1... how and where to get started?

Age: 26 Height: 6'2 (I claim 6'3 but recently have been told I am 6'1 and a quarter/half, so I have no idea what happened where) Sex: M Weight: 260lbs Goal: 210lbs min, preferably 200lbs, really want to hit 195lbs ultimately

Quick overview of my health:

  • I have hidradenitis suppurativa, so I have a hard time exercising because it tends to flare up parts of my body that contain sweat glands (axilla, inner thighs/groin)

  • Because I haven't been able to exercise recently (I've had 4 surgeries in total, but recently had 2 surgeries since late 2018 for my condition which has caused me to not be able to train or workout,) I have went from walking at a very solid/muscular 210lbs to currently about 260lbs.

  • I currently work night shift, and a desk job on top of that.

I used to train Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. My fear is that I will never be able to get back to it, but I am determined to do so. I've purchased a book called "The Anti Inflammatory Diet and Action Plan" so I can do more research studying the foods that trigger my condition, as well as work towards actively trying to reduce my flare ups. I know food is always the first step, and it must be lifestyle changes - not diet fads.

I have several fitness centers nearby, including Crunch Fitneas, L.A. Fitness, and Planet Fitness. I know they have varying prices, but I also know this is going to be a great entryway for me to get started with overall fitness. I don't know where to go though, nor do I really know what to do at a gym. (I say that respectfully as I've been to the gym before, used the machines, etc., yet I've never actually developed a real plan or learned how to properly grind at the gym to receive maximum gain/performance.)

I need my life back. It is hard enough being on third shift which makes me not want to have a regular routine due to sleep issues, but I am trying to find another job. (Unfortunately it will probably be an office job due to my condition - I try to minimize places where humidity or sweating for extended periods of time due to my condition as it is a trigger, but being able to work out and shower afterwards is fine.)

I know this is all kind of jumbled, but I really could use some support. I want this more than I can put into words, and now that I'm back at work again, I need to make changes. I'm starting to modify my free time too, so I can properly invest in myself.

Also, if anyone can recommend proper athletic clothing for me, that would be awesome. I don't really have anything for a gym (as training BJJ I have different clothing specifically for that.) I typically wear a size 36x34 (sometimes 38x34 depending on the brand as I have huge thighs and a butt unfortunately, so I need the extra room (not that I don't have a bad gut now to deal with...)), but currently just under my gut I measure at a 39... My chest is typically a 44/46, but that is even up with it currently at a 47. Due to being a lengthy boi, I would normally wear Large shirts, but XL had more length sometimes... all these sizes never made sense! I feel bad for you women as I know your sizes are all made up.

Thank you so much everyone! I appreciate the help getting started, and can't wait to make a transformation! I've been a long time lurker here, but I think this is my first post? I've posted somewhere before but don't recall where (or if it was even on this account...)

submitted by /u/TheProffiteur
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3f7ppmM
Back to square 1... how and where to get started? Back to square 1... how and where to get started? Reviewed by Health And Fitness on July 05, 2020 Rating: 5

No comments:

Recent Comments

Powered by Blogger.