Feel like I’m finally learning self discipline and getting control over binge eating

I’m currently 10lbs down in just over a month (aiming for a slow and steady weight loss of 2lbs a week. Currently 218lbs and my goal weight is around 140lbs so I have a long way to go.

It dawned on me today that I am finally leaning to discipline myself not to eat at the faintest stirrings of hunger. Same with binge eating - firstly I don’t buy trigger foods any more (high fat, greasy, sugary foods) and if I do buy some lower calorie treats, I’ll be strict and have one or two as opposed to just mindlessly eating the whole packet or box. I can finally have ‘treat’ foods in the cupboard or fridge for more than a day. It sounds crazy but it’s compulsion I haven’t bothered to resist for such a long time. I think the turning point is slowly educating myself about calories and CICO. Now, when I’m at the supermarket, if I see a treat food and I really want to buy it, I’ll look at the nutritional info and I can see how it’s not worth it. 2 mins of eating for 300 calories? I’ll pass thanks.

That being said, I will allow myself the odd treat but I’ll factor it into my calories for the day/week. I feel like I’m taking a much more sustainable approach and this really feels like something I can stick to for once!

Just so pleased to have mustered some control over my eating habits again!

submitted by /u/fantababy9
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3ktcgHt
Feel like I’m finally learning self discipline and getting control over binge eating Feel like I’m finally learning self discipline and getting control over binge eating Reviewed by Health And Fitness on October 24, 2020 Rating: 5

No comments:

Recent Comments

Powered by Blogger.