Finally joined this community instead of sometimes hopping on...would love some input

Hi all :) 17, almost 18F here who is working hard to rebuild a healthy relationship with food and weight. I am not there, but taking each day as it comes.

Without the intention of trying to seek genuine medical advice (I am willing to work with a dietitian/nutritionist if needed), I wanted to briefly get some input on a current goal weight/weight range, as the extent of what I know is your average person’s knowledge of aspects of nutrition and fitness! Definitely not well versed in body composition and the role your genetics play and all that, and I thought this community might include people that are or people that can let me know if it’d be best to take my questions to a professional.

Basically, my current GW range is between 110 and 130lbs: 130 knowing that it’s probably more sustainable for me and 110 as an ideal, but kind of arbitrary number I’ve had in mind. I have a muscular build and probably have more muscle mass than most girls my age (speculation). I probably carry most weight in my legs. Plugging my stats into the US Navy Body Fat Estimate Calculator, I got the following:

Weight: 142lbs / Height: 5’4 Waist (26in), Hips (35in), Neck (12in) Body fat: 22% / Fat Mass 31% / Lean Mass 111 lbs

With those stats, it estimates that amount of lbs I can lose from fat alone are 31lbs, but that would account for ALL of my body’s fat (no?), meaning I can’t get below 120s to 130s without risking poor health or a lot of work and maintenance? Can anyone answer: - the “healthy” body fat percentage for a woman? - as I eat in a deficit and lose fat, would I see a loss in muscle at some point? (I know the many factors like if you’re working out vs not using them) - that arbitrary number I gave is likely coming from still not accepting my body type. Any women with more athletic builds here that have struggled accepting your body?

I really appreciate it, and I promise I’m proceeding with caution and prioritizing eating well :)) was just curious as to what this sub thought because I love hearing people’s experiences and learning more about our bodies and nutrition

submitted by /u/creeddthoughtsdotgov
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/35y1dq7
Finally joined this community instead of sometimes hopping on...would love some input Finally joined this community instead of sometimes hopping on...would love some input Reviewed by Health And Fitness on October 25, 2020 Rating: 5

No comments:

Recent Comments

Powered by Blogger.