Hello void. It's been 8 KG since we last spoke.

I have things to get off my chest, dear reader. But I don't expect you to mind, jump along and go for it. I just need to state these things out somewhere.

Things have been going... O.K.? I suppose that's the word I'm looking for. I've survived work so far. Found a new job, a better job. I move again soon, less than a month now. Last move was difficult with foods, not having access to a kitchen for days on end wreaked havoc on my caloric intake. But the last couple of months have been good. I've stepped down from a daily intake of 2K to 1.75K. I've been tolerating it well enough, no major changes. But I still can't give up the artificial sweeteners. Fuck me those things are addictive, no? I keep drinking diet drinks of various types. I suppose it's better than the alternative. ^

Workouts have been going well. I've had to abandon the pure cardio, it's gotten too cold to run outdoors and running that frequently on a treadmill is obviously not great for my joints. Fuck me, I've had to start making decisions like that. Age creeps up on you I guess. Strength training has been going fine, the 5/3/1 plan from /r/fitness has been working out alright. I'm focusing on form, just like they say I should. I already feel stronger - it's only been a few weeks.

I finally feel safe financially. Well, safe is an exaggeration. But I feel like I'm not at immediate risk of starvation. I have spare money in my account at the end of a paycheck and I've started a savings account. It's not much but I'm slowly working my way towards the 4-month buffer I want to have in my account. Jesus, it feels so nice to not have that immediate peril breathing down your neck. It just really tears at you, day after day. It's usually quite small but it's this lump that lives in the middle of your abdomen, this goblin that lingers in your grey matter, whispering anxious little things. You can deal with it, sure, you know that it's probably fine but this constant convincing yourself that you're fine... It's tiresome. It takes up effort. I only have so much of it, but now it's free. Every day. I can shove that worry, that effort toward.

Basically, things are well. Thanks for reading or maybe not reading, Schrodinger's reader. Stay safe, stay healthy and keep on. Slow and steady.

-CameBackSad

submitted by /u/CameBackSad
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3jbls1C
Hello void. It's been 8 KG since we last spoke. Hello void. It's been 8 KG since we last spoke. Reviewed by Health And Fitness on October 20, 2020 Rating: 5

No comments:

Recent Comments

Powered by Blogger.