How can I lose weight without the gym?

Hello everyone! First time poster and in need for some advice.

So 3 years ago I finally lost over 50lbs going from 185 to basically 129lbs.

I was able to do this because I had a gym membership and my brother to show me how to use weight training machines.

I became excited and obsessed with the gym and finally felt like I had control of my life in terms of eating and exercise.

I’ve always been a big girl growing up. Food was (is) the equivalent of money for me. Food makes me super happy, but when I was losing weight, I was calculating my calorie consumption and calorie loss by being at the gym for 3 hours. Doing 2 hours of weight training (back, legs, arms, or core) and 1 hour of cardio.

In total I was losing almost about 1,000 calories a day 6 days a week.

However, the reason why I was pushing so hard was because I was such a monster with food. I would eat 3 bags of junk food. (Hot Cheetos, Doritos, and spicy munchies) while at the same time eating fast food twice a day without any exercise, or eating very Hispanic meals that had very little vegetables and high sugar foods.

But when I would exercise, I would still eat the same except for junk food, but it felt better to eat fast food or just an abundance of good dinners (ramen, Indian food, Chinese food, tacos) and I would still be at 130lbs.

Now because of Covid, I don’t have a membership anymore and the only way I’ve been exercising is by hiking 3 times a week up a hilly asphalt.

I’ve gained my 50lbs back and my food addiction has come back too. It’s hard for me to exercise the way I used to because I’m noticing I’m getting ankle and knee pain now, also my sciatica has come back too.

I still try to eat healthy, but when the night time starts, I get these horrible sweet, spicy, and salty cravings that I can’t help but indulge in.

I feel like my favorite part of healthy living was exercising at the gym. It was the feeling of getting stronger with all these machines helping you with different body parts while seeing all sorts of different cardio machines to enhance aerobic exercises.

I loved the drive to the gym, the pre workouts, picking a different outfit for every day at the gym, the music I play and choose, and so on.

But I think what I miss most about the gym is the motivation I get from seeing men and women being stronger than me in their routines. Being inspired by others to keep coming and keep exercising really helped me to keep coming back and telling myself that I can be as strong as her/him one day.

I can’t afford a gym membership anymore and because of Covid, I don’t exactly know if gyms are even still open.

Can anyone provide any advice on how to still get the same excitement with exercise alone?

TLDR: I only lost weight with the gym, but because of Covid I can’t afford it anymore and regained my 50lbs I lost. How can I get the same weight training exercises and motivation at home that I got from the gym?

submitted by /u/Censordoll
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3mfcnXv
How can I lose weight without the gym? How can I lose weight without the gym? Reviewed by Health And Fitness on October 22, 2020 Rating: 5

No comments:

Recent Comments

Powered by Blogger.