I am going to take my diet seriously from tomorrow. This has gone on too long.

I realised this evening, over the course of yet another conversation about dieting with my mother, that I have been saying “I need to lose weight” for well over a year now. And I’ve been moaning about it almost every single day.

I have been logging my calories for about a year. I know what I’m eating, and I know where I am going wrong: I don’t set a definitive calorie target, I eat too much in the evenings, I don’t plan my meals and end up with only 150 cals left for dinner.

I think I am afraid of failing, or afraid that I will actually lose some weight and end up putting it all back on as soon as I stop dieting. But I’ve realised this evening that my issues are definitely all psychological. There is no metabolic or hormonal reason why I can’t lose weight. I eat too much, and I don’t move around all that much.

So this is my witness statement. I’m making this post to say that I have decided to set 1400 cals as my daily goal for the next 7 days. I will plan my meals for the week, and check in with my emotions regularly (through journaling and meditation exercises). It is not as hard as I have been thinking it is.

Wish me luck! And good luck to all those starting with me.

submitted by /u/Gandagon
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2SxXmmQ
I am going to take my diet seriously from tomorrow. This has gone on too long. I am going to take my diet seriously from tomorrow. This has gone on too long. Reviewed by Health And Fitness on October 07, 2020 Rating: 5

No comments:

Recent Comments

Powered by Blogger.