I DID IT! I signed up for my first gym membership!

My anxiety was at peak level and I definitely took the scenic route but I did it anyway! Here’s the steps I followed if anyone wants to do it too!

Step 1: Decide that you need to join a gym.

Step 2: Research as much as you can about the gyms around you.

Step 3: Drive to the gym you picked out.

Step 4: Chicken out and drive past it.

Step 5: Change your mind again and turn around.

Step 6: See someone in great shape walk out of the gym. Drive past it again.

Step 7: Go home and commit to working out at home first.

Step 8: Realize you still want to join the gym.

Step 9: Google as many interior shots of the gym as you can find.

Step 10: Sleep on it. And hope for courage in the morning.

Step 11: Drive to the gym in the morning.

Step 12: Chicken out again and drive past it.

Step 13: Have a pity party and eat your feelings.

Step 14: Say, “Screw it. I’m adult. I can do this!”

Step 15: Drive to the gym.

Step 16: Park at the gym.

Step 17: Blast a pump up song in your car to motivate you.

Step 18: Walk into the gym before your courage fails you.

Step 19: Crap... no one’s at the reception desk.

Step 20: Awkwardly wait there for 10 minutes while people filter in and out of the gym.

Step 21: Pretend to check Reddit on your phone.

Step 22: Think about turning around and giving it a shot another day.

Step 23: Call the store from your phone and have an employee answer from the back office. Ask if they can come out and sign you up.

Step 24: Blackout during the entire interaction and forget everything he went over with you.

Step 25: Go home with a little less money in your bank account but giddy at your success. Huzzah!

submitted by /u/EatLessPizza
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/33BJBtB
I DID IT! I signed up for my first gym membership! I DID IT! I signed up for my first gym membership! Reviewed by Health And Fitness on October 06, 2020 Rating: 5

No comments:

Recent Comments

Powered by Blogger.