I’m 6’2 M 31. Started at 260, fixing to break 200. Haven’t been this low since high school.

This seems absolutely insane to say. I’ve lost 50 pounds in 16 weeks. A little bit about my struggle with weight. This is a long story of basically me pouring my heart out so i hope you enjoy it: TLDR; there’s a link to a subreddit detailing my journey and results in the bottom.

It started before I understood anything about the world. I grew up obese, and addicted to terrible food. I didn’t start actively thinking about what I was putting in my body until about 2013, 22-24. My wife and I started living together. We redid our kitchen, which was an adventure. We cooked out over the fire in the back yard for fun... and then we started going out to eat a lot because our kitchen was a mess. Sometime after we finished our kitchen we were addicted to fast food and garbage. So we started thinking about WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO?!? We are clearly not healthy and we need to change.

Well for those that don’t know, my wife is essentially a living embodiment of Hermione Grainger. She reads all the time, also she’s a engineer, like myself, and I’m pretty convinced her and her aunts and cousins are a covenant of witches, like good witches, but witches none the less. So my wife does research, documentaries on Netflix, checks out books from the library. She thinks it’s because we aren’t doing whole food plant based. So we tried it, the engine 2 diet, 28 days of whole food plant based stuff. I played world of Warcraft primarily and went to work for those 28 days. I ate as much as I wanted. And lost 20 pounds. We felt like we figured it out. But, although we agree that it is very healthy, and maybe even arguably more healthy than my current choices as I write this, but it DIDN’T FEEL SUSTAINABLE. I respect people that can do it. You will probably live longer than me.

Now you all know how it goes from there. We kind of turned our brain off and went on auto pilot for food. Eating relatively what we wanted when we wanted. Using little tricks like “well I was going to get the large combo but I only got the medium so I did good today”. Just small failures to make good choices day after day. So my wife went back to the library. This time she said we need to be STRONG. Because muscle burns fat! Right?... well my wife found exercise books. We got a gym membership. She found a workout routine. I believe it was something called the 10 minute work out. It was slow controlled movements under tension for building muscle. My wife was yet again right. We started building muscle mass. We looked strong, felt fit. But for us it DIDNT FEEL SUSTAINABLE. There are people that can go to the gym and get fit. I applaud those people and I am glad it works for them. But my wife and I always seemed to fall out of the gym routine.

Now you know the rest. You lose focus of what you’re really eating, other stuff happens. We had a kid. We were tired. We needed convenience to make our life better because we didn’t have the time or the energy. And we once again let terrible food choices happen, and ENTER 2020. Now this next part is important, because I want to mention the next part because I don’t think it’s talked about enough and I want to help be a part of the people that make that happen. My wife and I had to endure two miscarriages this year. We decided we needed to get healthy, we were ready, and motivated for change. And honestly I know everyone’s path is different but you got to get to that point. Where you are broken and are finally ready to disrupt things in your life. You’ll know when you hit it.

Well for what I think will be the last time my wife and I searched for the answer again. We merely stumbled across a health plan that worked for us. And has given us amazing results. Essentially, DONT EAT ADDED SUGAR (or sugar substitutes). Fast at least 12 hours a day, and try to get 8 hours of sleep. That’s it. I literally told my dad those few things. And he lost 25 pounds in 3 weeks, and he’s like 50 something so age doesn’t matter. I’m down over 50 pounds right now. I’m lower then I was when I was on the cross country team in high school. Not only does this feel sustainable, i realize how terrible I felt from eating sugar, and i look forward to more days being sugar free. I know it’s not easy, I’m not going to lie that it wasn’t a struggle. That I didn’t have a few slip ups a long the way. But You are capable of doing this, I know because I’m one of the laziest people I know.

My journey and results are in this sub.

r/DontSugarCoatIt

submitted by /u/ruum-502
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2FHGBCP
I’m 6’2 M 31. Started at 260, fixing to break 200. Haven’t been this low since high school. I’m 6’2 M 31. Started at 260, fixing to break 200. Haven’t been this low since high school. Reviewed by Health And Fitness on October 19, 2020 Rating: 5

No comments:

Recent Comments

Powered by Blogger.