I’m a sugar addict to the point of compulsion. Help me

Hi! I’m new here. I am not ok with what I see in the mirror. I am the heaviest I have ever been, including while pregnant. Im 5’3” and about 176lbs.

I moved across the country a year and a half ago and since getting to Texas (from NYC) my weight has just gone up and up. Before I left I was 145-150. I have been trying since January of this year to turn it around. I successfully used weight watchers years ago and didn’t have much problem with it. Lost the weight and didn’t have bad cravings. Now it is an entirely other story.

I cannot stop eating sugar. It’s all I crave. First thing I want when I wake up and I crave it all day. When I diet I manage to break my diet within a couple of days by eating sugar. I’m talking chocolate, cookies, etc. Once I break I will binge eat sugar. I will hide it from my husband. I’ll go to a store and buy candy when I have none at home and eat it in my car. I have absolutely no control over myself. I’ve gotten to the point where I regret it so much I wish I could throw it up (thankfully never have. I’m scared of throwing up anyway). My psychiatrist just increased one of my medicines to combat binge eating but I feel no different really.

I can’t keep it completely out of my house. I have a little kid and I’m not going to force her to stop eating a cookie for dessert.

I’ve had all bloodwork done. Everything is normal except for insulin resistance. So that’s good.

Has anyone battled a sugar addiction successfully?

submitted by /u/mutantmanifesto
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3mc4TET
I’m a sugar addict to the point of compulsion. Help me I’m a sugar addict to the point of compulsion. Help me Reviewed by Health And Fitness on October 18, 2020 Rating: 5

No comments:

Recent Comments

Powered by Blogger.