“You’re still fat” is what my mom told me

I’m 16, I’ve been pretty fat since middle school I’m just over 200ib now and my max weight was 220ib. A lot of the problem used to stem from my diet, my mom always ate the same foods, mostly rice and meats. Rarely we had a meal with vegetables other than a salad. My moms diabetic and she’s lost a lot of weight, But she’s always done it by eating vert small portions of food, and fasting. That never worked for me because as a kid I was tempted quite a lot, not to mention I was tired of rice and curry every days so I’d go to buy fast food with my friends. Fast forward to now, I went to see a dietitian that suggested a serious diet change. He spent a lot of the time talking to my mom about what I should be eating. My mom took this as “This doctor is blaming me for my son being fat” Now that im a bit older I’ve started the process of cooking mixed frozen vegetables and eating those instead of rice, potatoes and meats that I would usually be eating. I’ve also been trying to excercise a bit more by jogging in the morning. I made small progress and lost around 18 pounds and was very happy. I didint really share this information with my mother until she walked in on me cooking food after she returned from work. She ranted about how I’m “wasting the food she worked hard to cook, and I’m ungrateful, and I haven’t changed.” She asked if I actually lost any weight and when I said that I did she didn’t believe me,so pulled out the scale and showed her, yet again she thought I was lying and thought the scale was broken. I was annoyed at this point because she kept going on and on about how none of the clothes she buys me fits me anymore and that I’m not making any effort to change when I really am. I’m doing what I can right now. I just wanted to share this because I saw someone else with a similar post the other day and I really sympathized with them. When my own mom claims that I’m ungrateful and I haven’t tried it really does hurt. Thanks for reading you don’t need to upvote this is a throwaway.

submitted by /u/throwaway-025472
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/37pAajf
“You’re still fat” is what my mom told me “You’re still fat” is what my mom told me Reviewed by Health And Fitness on October 20, 2020 Rating: 5

No comments:

Recent Comments

Powered by Blogger.