How to support a spouse

Hi All, so here is my situation. My husband is obese. 6'3 and 260. I know it really bothers him and as we get older, I'm more concerned for his health. I'm thin, always have been. Sure, I could lose 5 lbs but I'm active, healthy yada, yada.

He's had limited success with IF and low carb in the past, but it's just not sustainable long term. Here's a few things I think are relevant:

We work out 4-5 days a week (mostly weights). We ski, hike, are generally active people. He struggles with PTSD and VA has him on some anti depression meds (one SSRI and brupropion). He's also on Naltrexone for binge drinking (ptsd is a son of a bitch). I pretty much make the food and while it's no whole food perfection, we don't eat much red meat or processed foods.

He's in a job he's great at but hates and has recently applied for a position back with his former employer, where he was much happier and less stressed. The combo on covid/depression meds/shit job was the weight gain trifecta.

How can I support/encourage/light a fire under his ass without seeming judgemental? What works for me for weight loss does not work for him, so any and all advice is welcome.

submitted by /u/skidogmom
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/33gnWGq
How to support a spouse How to support a spouse Reviewed by Health And Fitness on May 05, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Recent Comments

Powered by Blogger.