I'm insulin resistant not because of sugar (directly) but because of too many carbs and not enough burned off. And I can't control most of my diet. What should I do?

I'm 5'8, male,, 263lbs (yesterday), BMI of about 30.

I don't have a problem with just snacking away; that's not what I meant by not being in control of my diet. I live in a home where all the food is cooked for me and I have no say in the food choices. (I live in a psych group home.) They feed us lots of carbs, not that much real protein and most of the food is processed junk that you buy frozen in packages. (And even though I'm on a low fat/low cholesterol diet, they give me what they give others.)

I weighed 220lbs coming in. Then I shot up to 290lbs within 8 months. Then after the pandemic hit and the house manager went shopping for us, he went to Walmart instead of us shopping at Dollar General. So I started buying Greek yogurt and canned mackerel. And I really forced myself to stop eating as many carbs as I did that made me gain 70lbs. Then I went down to 240lbs. And now I've gone back up to over 260lbs.

Now that we have out Covid shots, we're allowed to shop for ourselves again. But only at Dollar General. So no more Greek yogurt. But I did see today that sell mackerel.

I'm wondering, what would happen if I avoid as many carbs as possible? Like as close to zero carbs as possible? (Probably about 20 to 30 or so a day.) Would I feel a huge drop in energy? What would happen to my cortisol? Could I still do calisthenics a few days a week? Would I get sick? (I do know of healthy carbs, but we shop at DG where they don't seel too many veggies - if any at all.)

submitted by /u/Odd-Breakfast3369
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3vORHdJ
I'm insulin resistant not because of sugar (directly) but because of too many carbs and not enough burned off. And I can't control most of my diet. What should I do? I'm insulin resistant not because of sugar (directly) but because of too many carbs and not enough burned off. And I can't control most of my diet. What should I do? Reviewed by Health And Fitness on May 07, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Recent Comments

Powered by Blogger.