Never too late

I am 51 years old. I went to my doctor in January for a yearly checkup and my weight was 415 pounds. My heaviest number ever. The doctor told me I was killing myself and gave me a lot of tough love. I have been overweight my entire life and when others got too small, I just bought a bigger size. It was an endless circle of weight gain. After my doctors visit, nothing changed for a few weeks. I ate like I always did and was sitting the majority of my day. Then one day I started counting my calories. I also started walking. Needless to say, starting out it was rough for me to walk even half a mile a day. The foot pain, the blisters, the back pain… seemed like my body was fighting against me. I continued to count calories and walk with the pain. I would soak my feet every night to try to get the pain to ease up. Every week I pushed to walk more than the week before. That was February. Fast forward to today (April). I am down 58 pounds, I am walking 6 miles a day, and riding my recumbent bike 10 miles every night. I am also much better at counting my calories. The back pain is gone, the blisters are healed. The foot pain is just a memory now. My daily walks vary between a hike at the state park around a lake and through the woods to going to the river walk and walking the trail between a river and a canal. My weight is dropping, my mental Heath has never been better, and the people I see that are also out walking are always smiling and greeting everyone as I walk. Talk about a support group… I have people of al ages at the river walk and we are all there for the same reason and everyone is supportive of everyone else. Starting in May, I will start resistance weight training. I know I have a LONG way to go, but I feel I am off to a good start. I use an app on my phone to track my calories and my Apple Watch and iPhone tracks my steps and workouts. I know the calories burned aren’t precise, but that and my calories goals have helped me become excited to change my body, and my life. I am now excited to go out on my daily walks. Thanks for listening to me.

submitted by /u/ColumbiaDweller
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2RqYLOE
Never too late Never too late Reviewed by Health And Fitness on May 04, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Recent Comments

Powered by Blogger.