Realistic example of what the scale shows over time

https://imgur.com/WSOzUPL

Thought I'd share my weight loss chart, and some thoughts, in case it is helpful to anyone. I didn't start tracking my weight daily until after a few months and 10-12 pounds or so.

The red line is the obese/overweight line, and the green line is the overweight/normal line (still working on getting to that one).

The gray bars are times when I was on vacation/visiting family/etc. and not tracking my weight, watching what I ate, or exercising. Personally, I know I'll always want to eat a bit more during the holidays and not feel obligated to work out, and I'm trying to establish a long term lifestyle that works for me - so that means paying attention most of the year but not worrying about it for a few weeks during vacations. You'll see my weight went up - some of it water, some of it real - and that's okay. (The first gray bar is an exception - earlier in my diet I was stricter, I was still getting the hang of how to lose weight.)

For the first several months, you can see the chart is less "bumpy." At that time, I wasn't really eating any takeout or restaurant food and was being really careful with what I ate. Once I got into a good routine, I let up the reins a little bit, and now I eat plenty of takeout and fast food (but still way less frequently than pre-diet). In moderation, of course - I watch my portion sizes. I think what's interesting is you can see there's still a downward trend, but it's a lot bumpier once I incorporated more restaurant food back into my diet and was more lenient with letting myself eat more stuff besides "whole foods." These foods have more salt (leads to water retention) and are probably physically heavier, etc. so I see more water weight fluctuations now.

My weight loss pace is probably getting little slower recently, but I have no strict goal/timeline in place, and I haven't significantly changed my diet or routine since losing weight, so a slower pace makes sense, since presumably my BMR has gone down. Been sort of mildly plateauing a couple weeks but not too worried about it.

Everyone's journey will look a little different but thought I'd share mine so far. :)

submitted by /u/Wqo84
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3haFPOZ
Realistic example of what the scale shows over time Realistic example of what the scale shows over time Reviewed by Health And Fitness on May 07, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Recent Comments

Powered by Blogger.