Does this make sense or am I the only one bothered by it?

I'm overweight and I've always been. I'm in a phase where I'm actively trying to lose weight and it's working, slowly but I'm managing pretty well, and I'm very proud of myself for once.

Last night I was scrolling through some clothing site, looking for some cute stuff to buy. I came across this super cute top and I showed it to my mom, she instantly laughed at me and said maybe in a few less kilos, meaning that my fat would show if I wore something like that and implying that I would look bad. I've heard it all my life. "You can't wear that, your fat shows" or "you want to go around showing your tummy? Are you sure?". So much so that she made me buy swimsuits that covered most part of my body this summer, like little dresses. I mean, they were cute, I can't deny it, but it felt like she was ashamed of me and how I looked. As if showing my body would disgust everyone around.

Now, I know not every style is for everybody, you have to find what fits you best and makes you happy, but why can't I buy something that makes me feel sexy and good with myself just because my tumny shows? Does it really look that bad? I just want to feel normal for once, or do I have to be skinny to feel good?

submitted by /u/iCannot_
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/7aNG8bk
Does this make sense or am I the only one bothered by it? Does this make sense or am I the only one bothered by it? Reviewed by Health And Fitness on September 02, 2022 Rating: 5

No comments:

Recent Comments

Powered by Blogger.