Down 20kg since this time last year

Age: 24 Height: 1.91m/6’3”

SW: 134kg/295lb CW: 112.7kg/248lb GW: 100kg/220lb

Current and starter pics: https://imgur.com/a/No2lHTK

(Sorry the starter picture isn’t great. I really hated looking at myself in the mirror at that point so had nothing better to use)

So over the course of a 4 year relationship with COVID thrown in, I’d managed to gain 34kg without realising.

The realisation of what happened really set in after the relationship ended and I started spending time by myself. I knew things had to change but I’d never lost weight before after being stable for years, so I was totally clueless.

It’s been a year since I started and whilst there’s been plenty of plateaus and cheat days, I’ve finally crossed the point of 20kg lost!

Because I work for a small company in a big city, everyone tends to get lunch together. These lunches are usually super unhealthy (and delicious…) and would be where I’d pile on excess calories. So the first action point I took was to change my approach to lunch. Instead I now go for an hour long walk and pick up a small < 500 cal lunch along the way.

I initially found this adjustment hard because I’d typically wake up late and skip breakfast. The one thing that made this easier for me was including a bottle of Huel/YFood on my commute into the office. After a while I’d gotten into a routine of this and wasn’t feeling hungry by noon.

Dinner is typically the largest meal of the day, but now I make sure to track everything before I take a bite. The accountability aspect has really helped in making balanced decisions and not binging or opening Deliveroo.

Still some ways off my final goal but feeling really proud of myself at the moment. More difficulties lie ahead, especially as we head into winter. My biggest goal is to hit my 25th birthday at the same weight I was at 18 and so far I’m on track for that!

I weigh myself daily which was initially off putting but after a while I learned to ignore the fluctuations and look at the trends. I’m still not exercising as much as I’d like, but I make sure to at least hit 7.5k steps per day. Sometimes I’ll walk around the perimeter of my apartment building before getting home from work to make sure I’ve hit the goal.

Aside from actively trying to lose the weight, I’ve been trying to work on depression which affected me a lot last year. Having a self care routine, even if it’s just forcing myself to go to the barber every few weeks has really helped my mentality with sticking to the program.

submitted by /u/Southern-Comfort-731
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/ntBegNF
Down 20kg since this time last year Down 20kg since this time last year Reviewed by Health And Fitness on September 03, 2022 Rating: 5

No comments:

Recent Comments

Powered by Blogger.