Tried Calibrate and I want to warn people of a few things

Before I get started yes I know CICO. I needed help with hunger. I don’t move much because of long COVID so my TDEE is fairly low. I’m also short. And I’m looking for a medication solution because my lung doctor is putting treatment behind the wall of very significant weight loss. She wants 100. I had to get BP meds and basic inhalers from prima care. I feel pushed to lose this in an unhealthy way as a recovering anorexic who got fat. But also because I’m still on supplemental oxygen nine months later. Which I paid for out of pocket. I can’t wait a year for lung care. I have another pulmonologist scheduled the town over. But that will also be in months from now.

My only point here is that they hide a lot of issues you only see after payment. This costs $1600.

  • Although you have to pay upfront and in full for your year subscription, they have not started any actual treatment or support except some pdfs and a fancy scale for at least a month.
  • Medication takes 4-6 weeks. They say they will work with insurance. They mean medication only.
  • They have been so bad about communication it took two weeks to receive a RESPONSE about no coaching being scheduled. This is not something you can do on your own.
  • I have diagnosed gastroparesis. Part of my issue is needing hunger management because I didn’t realize how HUNGRY you are when your stomach empties as it’s supposed to. I disclosed this information to the doctor. The medication works by slowing gastric emptying which was what was prescribed to me anyway.
  • From experience this is dangerous because other medications don’t absorb like they’re supposed to. I have other issues like mental health and allergies (people fuck with food allergies if they don’t believe you sometimes). Two of these allergies are now too dangerous for Benadryl alone but I still take it in the hopes of slowing a reaction until EMS arrives.
  • There’a no tracking for support tickets.
  • Tje information they have to help you are things you can Google. They expect you to update progress. A focus is on movement. I was also upfront that I’m a long COVID patient so at least for now, I needed help with diet over exercise. I run out of air while walking.

I’d save my money on this one y’all. If I want to blow up my life I’ll do it for free by skipping my gastroparesis treatment. The lack of communication or interest in super relevant medical problems until after you pay is fucked up and the deal breaker for me.

submitted by /u/sunshineparadox_
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/76mEIAK
Tried Calibrate and I want to warn people of a few things Tried Calibrate and I want to warn people of a few things Reviewed by Health And Fitness on September 17, 2022 Rating: 5

No comments:

Recent Comments

Powered by Blogger.