My Keto Journey

After seeing drastic weight changes on some bloggers I follow on IG, I got really curious about the diet they got themselves in and turns out it was a ketogenic diet. If you happen to read this post and is unfamiliar with keto, it’s a kind of diet that uses fat as fuel instead of carbohydrates, which was a total opposite of the things we have all gotten used to since we were little. I’ve just been in it for more or less 2 months but it was kind of exhausting and expensive (and maybe if you are a foodie, you wouldn’t enjoy keto as much because this diet is all about creams and oils and fats – but the healthy ones of course, but what diet for weight loss is actually enjoyable, right? hehe) I decided I want to stop.

img_3889-1

First keto meal I made – chicken with cream, cheese and veggies

Well, to be fair, I learned a lot during the process – I learned to experiment with food so I don’t eat the same thing over and over again. I also lost 4kg in 4 weeks (no before and after photos because Im shy hehe) so that’s good right? (although my weight loss plateau’d there since I did mostly muscle building exercises that time so I assume it has some plus/minus in the weight aspects of keto)

img_3928

If you are a huge fan of noodles – fret not – there is a zero carb alternative to that noodles – the Shirataki! In photo – pancit palabok :)

Down side, the first 3 weeks was extremely difficult – I was dehydrated, had bad breaths :D, sweating more than I usually do and I felt weak. Even my running pace was affected – not sure if it was a mental thing.

img_4006

I don’t really eat cucumber – in fact I hate it haha – but since it’s one of the very few keto friendly veggies I now like it :D In photo – cucumber in apple cider vinegar, olive oil and chili

I posted a few food I prepped during my hardcore keto days on IG but there are some which I think isn’t so appealing (at least the way I photographed them) so I’ll just post it here. (Featured Image: Sauteed Cabbage with Bamboo Shoots and Baked Fish with Pesto and Chili)

img_3882-1

Meatball soup with Pea Sprouts and Homemade Broth

img_3930

Probably my fave keto meal – Cauli Rice Bulgogi

 

 



from ketogenic-diet « WordPress.com Tag Feed https://ift.tt/2tysju5
My Keto Journey My Keto Journey Reviewed by Health And Fitness on June 24, 2018 Rating: 5

No comments:

Recent Comments

Powered by Blogger.