NSV: I didn't eat cookie dough
Let's be honest r/loseit.. having your period is HARD, even when not trying to lose weight.
Today officially concludes my first lady week while doing CICO. And it was hard. I get very emotional on my period and like many overweight people I eat when I'm emotional. I've always been one to indulge more during this week. I always had extra candy. I always had extra ice cream. Maybe even some cookie dough. The whole works. And the thought of exercising during this time of horrible cramps and back pain? Absolutely bananas to me! I'm already being tortured! Why add more on?
But not this time! I persevered and even managed to get a couple work outs in during the week between my crazy cramps. Did I have some pizza and chocolate during the week? Sure, but nearly as much as I used to. I logged everything as I would normally. I managed to keep up my daily 900+ calorie deficit all week. Some days barely, but that's okay.
I'm still at the beginning of my weight loss journey, but I'm impressed with how much just simply logging my calories keeps me on track. I don't eat a single oreo every time I open the pantry. I don't snack on cheese while cooking dinner. It's been a wonderful eye opener.
I'm a little bummed that despite my efforts this week I'm still at the exact same weight I was last week. I try to remind myself that the scale is not an accurate reflection of fat loss. Fingers crossed I whoosh next week.
[link] [comments]
from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2KhR0lE
No comments: