Weight loss isn't happiness
Obviously a lot of us are losing weight and it is making us happier, but I've finally had to realize that simply losing weight doesn't have some linear correlation with my happiness. I'm in the best shape of my life down under 100kg (even though I feel like I could still drop a few more kilos) and I've finally realized I went from very obese to perfectly healthy and.... other factors like not having a meaningful job, not feeling like I have a function in society, isolating myself from society, not getting social fulfillment, not having something to look forward to, viscerally abusing drugs, and a few other factors might actually be the main culprits in my state of emotion. I know that I'm just rambling and there's no real point to this post, I just wanted to share it because I've deluded myself into thinking what I looked like was a huge part of how happy I felt when really I'm not that narcissistic at all. Mental health goes hand in hand with physical health but there isn't necessarily a linear correlation between the two. Oh well at least I'm in really good shape now, if I do half as good a job with my mental health and personal development I'll be golden lol.
[link] [comments]
from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2MXlafN
No comments: