RKLR (Rhonda's Keto Lifestyle Redux)
I used to blog a lot. I love to write (I’m an English teacher—it’s in my blood); someday hope to be published (I guess this is a form of publishing, huh? LOL)–though I have to get over the fear of people reading my work which is why I started blogging originally about ten years ago (do what you’re scared of). I got busy and unmotivated, didn’t blog for a long time, then couldn’t remember my password to get into my blog and had deleted the email account associated with it. Such an ordeal. Me and technology don’t get along often! And, yes, that’s poor grammar for someone who just told you she’s an English teacher. I do it a lot in conversational writing like this, but I promise I know better.
I tend to like to share about my weight issues. It’s embarrassing, but I feel better when I do, even though I have no idea what kind of responses I will get in the comment section. Writing/sharing is cathartic for me.
I’ve battled my weight most of my adult life, but mainly after giving birth (almost 17 years ago). I didn’t drop the 40 lbs I gained during pregnancy and actually eventually gained more. Single momhood + being a teacher leaves little time for yourself. I’ve lost and gained and lost and gained over the last 15 years or so—something I know so many people can relate to–I’m not special in that regard. In the past, I’ve had great success with Weight Watchers, with clean eating and exercising on my own, with clean eating and exercising as a Beachbody participant and then a Beachbody coach. All of these ways of eating better and living a healthier life work just fine and are sound lifestyles. I have nothing at all bad to say about any of them (I looooved being a Beachbody coach—still believe strongly in their products and programs). All programs and lifestyles mentioned work if you do. But I have always gained back the weight. And now, realizing that I have a very disordered relationship with food and knowing I go through these cycles like I mentioned in my last post, I am hoping to stop the weight-loss rollercoaster. I started the keto lifestyle in May of 2017. If you are a keto naysayer, just stop right there. I did my research. Keto has been around for over a hundred years. Keto waxes and wanes in popularity; right now it is very popular, and everyone seems to be talking about it (positively and negatively). But it’s not new. It’s only a fad if you don’t make it a lifestyle. And, I’m not here to convince you of it. Do what works for you. That’s what’s important. Find a lifestyle that you can sustain. For me, cutting out sugar (mostly) and processed CARBage just makes sense. Eating healthy fats makes sense. I’m about 40 lbs away from reaching the weight I feel is best for my body; once I reach it, I will eat more (healthful) carbs instead of keeping my carb grams to 20 or less. Once you reach maintenance, most ketoers can eat between 50-100 grams of carbs and still maintain their weight. That is my goal.
Today is day 2 of what I will now refer to as “Rhonda’s Keto Lifestyle Redux”, or RKLR. I didn’t log or track anything yesterday which is a BAD HABIT to get into, so today I tracked. I promise every blog post won’t be about what I eat each day, but for the first week or so of RKLR, I am going to include it. Scroll past this part if food pictures and posts annoy you :) . I didn’t eat until about 1:30 again (I am teaching summer school so it just makes sense to eat after since I pretty much never eat breakfast). I had 3 chicken soft tacos from my favorite Mexican restaurant in Green Bay. I didn’t eat the shells; I call it eating “taco guts” LOL! Later, I had a Wendy’s Son of a Baconator with extra bacon and no bun. Then I had some buffalo chicken dip and pork rinds.
Exercise-wise, it’s a day off from 9Round (kickbox circuit fitness) but I got my walking in. I love my Fitbit Charge 2 and wish I had bought one long ago. I made a “Summer Goal List” (I’ll share that here later; I shared it on Facebook.), and one of my goals is to log in 100 walking miles this summer (between June 10 and when I go back to school on September 4th). I needed a way to track so I bought a Fitbit. Man, I am addicted to this thing! I’m already at almost 40 miles logged in, and it’s not even the end of June. Hitting 100 miles will be easy; my son and I have a trip to San Francisco next month—I’ll probably walk a hundred miles just the five days we’re there. LOL I should’ve aimed higher on my goal list.
from ketogenic-diet « WordPress.com Tag Feed https://ift.tt/2MT06Hp



No comments: