40 pounds down and I feel reborn.

I'm 18 years old and for most of my life I've been overweight and always conscious about it. Throughout the years I tried several times to get in shape but all of those attempts ended in failure due to my weak willpower and the environment I live in. I would always quit a few weeks in because I couldn't see the results fast enough.

I have to thank high school and my social life for giving me the pressure I needed to actually change my body and lifestyle, this year I had to go to the swimming pool with my classmates for P.E. and the embarrassment coupled with the strong discomfort I felt, pushed me to finally embark on this journey 6 months ago. Every time I was about to break the dieting plan or had any other thoughts about quitting, I would remember the burning shame that not even the cold water of the swimming pool could soothe.

It wasn't easy but slowly I began to feel the changes which happened to my body and mind, strengthening my resolve. Depression and suicidal thoughts which had haunted my mind for years began to quieten as I began to feel at peace, free in my own body, and after losing 20 pounds I felt remarkably lighter, my knees don't pain me anymore but I still sweat a lot (My father told me it's probably a family thing).

Was it worth it? Absolutely yes, I feel comfortable with my body and can finally hang out with my friends without that 'block' that kept me away from them. It was a tough journey and there still a way to go, but I can finally say that I'm proud of myself.

submitted by /u/ZephyrIgnus
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2uolkEs
40 pounds down and I feel reborn. 40 pounds down and I feel reborn. Reviewed by Health And Fitness on July 13, 2018 Rating: 5

No comments:

Recent Comments

Powered by Blogger.