20 pounds lost as of this Morning

SW:214 CW:194 GW:130

Age:23 height: 5’3 S: F

Progress pics: https://imgur.com/a/LQ09EZe

So first ever time posting and never thought I would. A little about my journey; I am a Mom and hit my highest ever weight after having my son and falling into a depression that was linked to problems with his father. I felt horrible. I felt like I looked terrible so (soon after his 1 year BD) I went to see my doctor to ask for help. She put me on antidepressants and that was the changing factor I feel for push starting my journey.

I cut to a 1300-1400 deficit. Before logging my calories I had no idea how much I had been consuming. It was pretty gross to me looking back. But at the time I was “hungry”. I don’t know if I needed to be that hungry though, because after about a week I didn’t feel starving at all. My portions felt big again and I could make it to the next meal without needing a snack.

I also made exercise more of a priority at this time. (I don’t know if anyone else watches blogilates on YouTube but it’s a Pilates channel.) I started with one video a day and now do multiple or one long one. My body was so sore after just ten minutes the first time around but I kept pushing. I also would go jogging with my son to the park nearby. I thought my lungs might burst at first, but soon it felt good. I gradually could go farther and father. I am now averaging 14.5 minute miles pushing a stroller around.

Recently I got a bike seat for my son and I’ve also been using that to ride around to far parks- up hills and such.

I don’t exercise every day but most.

But I guess what I’m trying to say is, it’s okay to go get help and seek help. I don’t know how much bigger I would have ballooned if I wouldn’t have gone to ask my doctor for help. I didn’t even go to ask about depression, just weight. And it changed everything. I want to make my life the best it can be to support my son and I feel like I’m getting closer to being the best mom I can be for him.

Also if you want to exercise it doesn’t matter how little you do at first. Just keep doing the most of your abilities and your body will adapt. Soon you could surprise yourself!

And final bit of advice CICO works! Just log it all. I had tried crash diets in my teens and this is easier because you choose what you want to spend your calories on. It’s okay to mess up some days too, maybe I ate a few too many French fries. But just log it and continue on your journey.

Have a nice Sunday and thank you for reading!

submitted by /u/An_Unmentionable
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2yFHDYm
20 pounds lost as of this Morning 20 pounds lost as of this Morning Reviewed by Health And Fitness on October 15, 2018 Rating: 5

No comments:

Recent Comments

Powered by Blogger.