NSV today with C25K!

For some background I’ve started, dropped, and restarted C25K too many times to count over the couple years. It used to be that I always got to Week 2 and gave up shortly afterwards for various reasons (I got ill with strep and was laid up in bed for a week, it’s summer in Florida and too hot to run outside, messed up my knew at work, etc). Always excuses not to continue into the next weeks, that all just boiled down to me not believing I could possibly complete the weeks that required running for 3+ minutes at a time. It was easier to quit than to try it and feel ashamed at failing.

But I did it today. I did the Week 3 Day 1 run in the exact allotted amount of time, and even though I wasn’t very fast I ran the full 3 minutes both times it started. I know it may not seem significant but I’ve never felt prouder of myself than I did today.

I think what did the trick ultimately for me was to stop looking at the in-app timer when I ran. Whenever I used to do C25K I held my phone in my hand and watched the timer as I ran to see how much time I had left to torture myself (lol). It was extremely discouraging seeing how slow time seemed to go by. I ended up psyching myself out.

Since I started C25K again I’ve not allowed myself to look at how much time I have left. I bought one of those arm strap thingies for your phone just for that reason. I start my run, put on my music, and just listen to the audio cues that tell me when to start/stop running and walking. I couldn’t believe what a difference it made for me mentally not being able to watch my times. I don’t think anymore about how miserable I’m going to be for the next 26, 18, 13, 8... seconds. I just run, and it’s over before I even expected it to be.

For the first time in my life I’m excited to go out and run every day because I know I can do it. (:

submitted by /u/MaybeMeowing
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2JrQJx0
NSV today with C25K! NSV today with C25K! Reviewed by Health And Fitness on October 31, 2018 Rating: 5

No comments:

Recent Comments

Powered by Blogger.