Self-esteem issues and knees and thank yous
Hey guys, (Zuko here haha)
So I've (20M) spent a long time half-assedly trying to lose weight unsuccessfully because I've had bad habits of binging and not doing my research until recently, after joining reddit and finding this awesome community and discovering the better way of getting in shape. First of all, thank you all so much for inspiring me each and every day and continuing to do so on my journey (not finished yet, only a few months to go allegedly).
Puberty and life were not exactly kind to me but I'd still consider myself fortunate because of everything. That said, during my teenage years I developed what I can only describe as unrealistic expectations of my self and what I should ideally look like. I'm closer than ever and yet I still feel so far from what I want to be like.
My biggest issue? My knees! My knees cave inward, I believe it's called knee valgus according to my GP and the internet. I'm not sure if it's because of genetics, or bad diet or maybe I'm just a freak of nature because no one else in my family has knees that resemble the letter 'A' even weighing in at 68kg at the age of 20. I've hated them so much for so long!!! If there's one thing that has stressed me out above all else is seeing everyone in public with really nice, long, straight legs. And I feel left out of the nice legs club. I know everyone has their flaws and I'm by no means perfect (believe me, I know). It's such a small thing and I know it's silly, but I also can't stop seeing straight legs and wishing the same for myself in public.
Does anyone have any tips about how to straighten those knees? Is it normal to obsess about such a minute detail of one-self? Sorry for the vent.
TL:DR I don't like my knees, what can I do?
[link] [comments]
from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2IWwuYe
No comments: