Friendly reminder to check your measurements!
I moved to a new city/state two months ago, where I don't know anybody and rarely see my coworkers (the downside of consistent teleworking). I told myself that one of the few perks of being in a long distance relationship and having no friends nearby is being able to prioritize myself and my health. I started cooking healthier foods, exercising more, drinking more water, and going out less... And nothing. My weight has just stayed within the same 5 pound range, yoyo-ing back and forth.
This morning, I woke up to a notification to check my measurements. Mind you, I generally ignore these biweekly calendar reminders, but wanted to delay leaving my house because it's so damn cold outside. So I did it. My last measurement was on November 3rd. My weight is actually the same as it was on that day (well, .3 pounds heavier), but my waist is now half an inch smaller and my hips three inches smaller!
I have no idea if that's actually a meaningful amount, but it makes the whole process feel more hopeful. Just wanted to share to those out there like me who don't check their measurements regularly... the scale truly isn't enough to gauge progress. Stay hopeful!
[link] [comments]
from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2GgQw1W
No comments: