I’m not waiting til the new year anymore I’m starting now!
After losing a lot of weight in 2017, 2018 has been not the best. I have just maintained my weight (although not gaining anything back is sort of an achievement itself!)
In November I told myself that I would start again fresh in the new year and focus on the last 10 or so kg left to go. I brought a 2019 food diary and then have been enjoying the holiday festivities a little too much.
After a christmas party where I drank way too much, ate too many desserts and got takeaway on the way home I woke up feeling really gross. My initial thought was “ugh its only the 14th of December! I still have over 2 more weeks of feeling crap from all the bad foods”. For some reason I felt like it was out of my control that at the end of the year you have to eat terribly and bloat/put on weight which you sort out in the new year.
I’ve decided I don’t want to do that! I won’t spend the rest of the year eating garbage and putting myself in a worse position for 2019. I have the opportunity to start now and choose to refrain from too many drinks and sweets over the rest of the festive season and kickstart my weightloss goals for Jan!!
Of course indulging on special occasions is perfectly fine and healthy, but also sometimes choosing to sacrifice a few treats for a bigger goal is also good. If I can kick butt now and focus on my health it means by next Christmas I could be at my goal weight and maybe I can afford more indulgences for the years to come!
[link] [comments]
from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2GgpAix
No comments: