I stopped tracking calories, instead I’m writing in a journal

I’ve had weight issues my whole life (since early adolescence- I’m now 25).

I’ve lost weight at times and then gained it back.

I’m currently the heaviest I’ve ever been. I’m also the strongest I’ve ever been. I’m a power lifter and I love skiing, hiking, etc.

I’ve been tracking for YEARS. First I tried just calories, then I learned about macros, then I went to WW, then back to just calories. I try overloading on protein, eating more fat, eating more carbs, and everything in between.

I’ve done nothing but continue to gain weight slowly but steadily over the years. A few pounds here, a few there.

I decided to stop. It clearly isn’t helping me. I UNDERSTAND the CICO rule. But somewhere along the way the calories MFP is giving me are either inaccurate for my body or I’m subconsciously too stressed or focused on every little thing.

This week I decided to just simply write what I ate in a journal. I know how to be mindful and I’ve felt absolute FREEDOM. For lunch I had a red bell pepper and filled it with some homemade egg salad out of 2 eggs, 2 egg whites, 1tbsp of mayo (measured on a food scale) and spices.

I just ate it and enjoyed it. I got a vegetable, a protein, and a fat in my meal. I didn’t have to look at the log and go ok bell pepper: 50 Cals, eggs 140cals, mayo 100cals.

For dinner I made some homemade eggplant parm, I used nonstick spray to cook my eggplant, not oil. And I served myself most likely more than 2oz of pasta, but not a huge restaurant serving either.

I’m not saying I’m going to be successful at losing weight this way. I just needed to step away. It wasn’t QUITE taking away from me enjoying my life, but I find myself analyzing everything I put in my mouth.

The truth is I’m NOT an Instagram fitness model. I’m not even a professional bodybuilder or bikini competitor. I’m just a normal person trying to eat healthier and better portions. And I was so focused on getting 150g Of protein a day I was not happy.

submitted by /u/anonymous_anxiety
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3oieqfs
I stopped tracking calories, instead I’m writing in a journal I stopped tracking calories, instead I’m writing in a journal Reviewed by Health And Fitness on October 21, 2020 Rating: 5

No comments:

Recent Comments

Powered by Blogger.