Kind of shell shocked at my initial weigh in. Not sure how to proceed.

So, like everyone else in the world, I had a pretty fucked up 2020. I finally recently got my shit together, and could definitely tell I had gained weight. I pulled out my bathroom scale (which I never, ever, under any circumstance use) and weighed in at 246 lbs. 4 years ago I was 175. Jan/2020 I was 215. And now... I'm 246. I won't go into detail on how I got there, but let's just say there was a lot of depression, isolation, and over-eating. So this puts my BMI at "Moderately Obese", just a hair shy of "Severely Obese".

So why am I posting this? My first reaction was "Well then, I guess I'll just stop eating for a week. Or maybe I'll only eat broccoli and chicken breasts. A 1700 calorie deficit should fix this in no time". I'm looking for some advice on how to get started here, because I'm overwhelmed and pretty fucking ashamed right now.

Some info about me:

  • I'm sedentary, a bit agoraphobic and I never work out
  • I overeat, and until a week ago I was consuming in excess of 1500 calories in alcohol (this ends or I do, so it better stick)
  • I work remotely, so that adds to my chair time
  • My body composition is mostly fat. I'm a big blob with strong legs.
  • (Disclaimer) - I'm seeing a mental health professional for most of the above

At my weight I feel like I don't need many calories to survive. Is a severe calorie deficit in order? In addition to adding regular exercise to my daily routine? Is there a good diet for an otherwise healthy man to follow with lower muscle mass? Anything helps, thanks.

submitted by /u/shitfacemcdonald
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2T3toaH
Kind of shell shocked at my initial weigh in. Not sure how to proceed. Kind of shell shocked at my initial weigh in. Not sure how to proceed. Reviewed by Health And Fitness on October 18, 2020 Rating: 5

No comments:

Recent Comments

Powered by Blogger.