Seeking perspective and tips- pandemic weight gain

Hi! This took a lot for me to get the nerve to put this out there so I'm sorry if it's stream-of-consciousness. For reference, I'm F/39 (40 in 2 weeks!) and currently 200 lbs. Anyhow, After having my 5 year old about 15 pounds stayed on. It wasn't the worst thing in the world, and I'd do anything to go back to that now. A year ago, while doing Orangetheory (OTF) religiously, I gained 10 lbs. I was not happy with the number on the scale but could've been more adamant about calories. Since March (COVID) working from home has caused me to gain 20 lbs on top of the 10 from last year. I feel extremely uncomfortable and it's pretty much dominating my mind, mood, and physical comfort. In addition to OTF I used to walk about 5 miles just from working on campus and now I walk only when I take a walk. I'm still relatively active and I eat pretty healthy, but man-oh-man has my anxiety drinking cranked way up.I feel like I'm in this crazy cycle of feeling too uncomfortable to do anything and saying tomorrow will be better, but the next day comes and my clothes are still too tight and I'm still feeling really down and unmotivated. I am on 20 mg of Prozac, but that's all Rx wise.I guess I don't know what I'm asking. Maybe to know I'm not alone? Or a tip that worked for someone else? This is so unlike me and it's exhausting me and making me a shitty mother/wife/daughter. So thank you :)

Edited to add: My husband and mom are both pretty overweight so when I try to talk to them about it, they shrug it off as not a big deal and say just buy bigger clothes.

submitted by /u/_reddit_rabbit
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/34ooStN
Seeking perspective and tips- pandemic weight gain Seeking perspective and tips- pandemic weight gain Reviewed by Health And Fitness on October 24, 2020 Rating: 5

No comments:

Recent Comments

Powered by Blogger.