Anyone have any suggestions for at home exercises that are easy on the knee?

I’ll try to keep this as short as possible. I’ve been struggling with exercise lately because I injured my knee in April, had surgery in July, and am still recovering. I probably won’t be fully recovered until Jan or Feb which would be fine except I’ve been trying to lose weight since last year. My weight fluctuates a lot and I’m finally in a situation where I’m living by myself and can control what I eat and cook for myself (was living with a controlling parent before and didn’t have much control over my meals because she wouldn’t let me cook, would insist on taking over if I tried, or if I even stepped foot in the kitchen no matter what time it was, would say “I was about to go in there to make food/make food for the dogs/whatever other stupid excuse”). I’ve never had a problem with exercise in terms of finding motivation or anything. I love working out but had issues with time because I was always working or in school, and so I would always start back at square one when I would try again. This is frustrating in itself as I used to have great stamina and was in great shape. Now I’m in a situation where I have a lot more time—and have had time since before my injury but was obviously horribly set back because of it—and can’t do any of the workouts I love. I’ve been trying to walk more but it’s hard because the weather here is still fairly warm here. I got a jump rope but when i tried, it was still too painful. Running is obviously not an option for the same reason. I’ve thought about jogging but not sure if that’s also too hard. I am not sure what else to do. I’m used to doing vigorous and fast paced workouts though and that’s what I like the best so as you can imagine it’s incredibly frustrating not being able to do very much. I also love yoga but some of the poses are still hard on my knee also. I am healing and there are some things I can do now but still fairly limited. Does anyone have any suggestions of what I can do?

ETA: crap I forgot to mention, gym is also not an option. Gyms around here are closed. I have physical therapy 2X a week so I do use the bike there for ten minutes but other than that no access to stationary bike :/ sorry I know there’s very limited options in my situation.

submitted by /u/jessicat1396
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/325Hnlh
Anyone have any suggestions for at home exercises that are easy on the knee? Anyone have any suggestions for at home exercises that are easy on the knee? Reviewed by Health And Fitness on November 02, 2020 Rating: 5

No comments:

Recent Comments

Powered by Blogger.