2lbs. Away from my monthly goal. Midnight snacks, fun diet and easy food swaps have helped me control cravings and avoid binge eating. Progress reflection and tips for binge eaters.

Kinda long read- sorry! Started at 230, at 172 now and goal weight is 170! End goal is 120-130. I feel amazing in so many ways! Before this year the lowest weight I have been was 190 and I was really struggling with binge eating and found it really difficult to stick to my goals and see it as a lifestyle. I actually have a good sense of fashion and have been showing myself off lately- I feel like I am the occasion whenever I get dressed. (: I wish everyone could feel the same in their own bodies. What's changed is I had someone holding me accountable in the beginning that helped me realize the binge-eating has nothing to do with food and has to do with control or lack of and also restriction. They were harsh and made sure I knew that I was screwing myself over by binge-ing and that I can't keep making excuses for why I binge. I had to apply some self- discipline in the beginning to quit my binge foods and other negative habits until i started dropping weight and getting used to the changes as well as being on a lighter stomach. At first I mainly DID have to change my mindset so I started asking myself if I really want to eat for hunger or just because and I had to tell myself "I used to struggle with binge eating" or "I no longer cope with binge eating". I don't acknowledge this enough because I feel like "well, I shouldn't be binge eating anyways" but it was DIFFICULT. Although I don't really struggle with binge-eating now, I sometimes over eat or neglect to eat nutritious foods that I know make me feel good. Lately, I've been trying to make everything fun and my nutrition enjoyable and BALANCED. I've been trying to see what I can get away with in terms of eating tons of food for little calories. I try to enjoy anabolic treats like ice cream, mug cakes and waffles a few times a week and recently experimented with homemade low cal ramen with shirataki noodles instead. I regularly enjoy grass jelly in replacement of boba in my morning iced coffees- which sometimes I'll make chocolate flavored or anabolic too. I am in love with cooking now and have a lot of fun with having delicious foods high in volume but fits with macros or low cal. I also wanted to share that I can keep pretzels and my other favorite treats in the house but on a high shelf hard to reach. Sometimes at night I forget to take my meds with my dinner or will have a little more hunger than usual and I've learned to stop denying myself that and just have a midnight snack (I avoid eating that late at night, I just call it that for funsies) which will usually be maybe a handful of pretzels and some turkey. If I do decide to have it, I'll try to have no less than an hour before bed and I realized I'd rather go over 100-200 cal a couple of nights a week...instead of going 500+ anytime in the week and feel like crap. I now have a beverage that I go to for comfort too that is kind of like a london fog. Earl grey or chamomile with cashew/almond milk and some cinnamon or cloves. Whenever I find myself stressed, want to relax or craving food for emotional reasons, this is the drink I turn to. That's it...I know I did not give tips but I hope my experience can help anyone who reads this that struggles with binge-eating. I know it is not expert or foolproof advice but I found what works for me and I wish someone told me these things and I'm happy to have learned the process....I thought I would struggle with binge-eating forever. I also found out that my family binge-eating is why I learned it in the first place. You are worth it! No excuses so stop starting over everytime!! Thank you for reading if you did.

submitted by /u/alreadytryingmybest
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3ulRD4W
2lbs. Away from my monthly goal. Midnight snacks, fun diet and easy food swaps have helped me control cravings and avoid binge eating. Progress reflection and tips for binge eaters. 2lbs. Away from my monthly goal. Midnight snacks, fun diet and easy food swaps have helped me control cravings and avoid binge eating. Progress reflection and tips for binge eaters. Reviewed by Health And Fitness on May 04, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Recent Comments

Powered by Blogger.