How do I stop stress eating / eating explicitly for pleasure?

Basically title. r/EatingDisorders and related subs seemed super restrictive, so I thought I'd go here.

Context:>! I'm 23M, 240.6lbs, with 105.4lbs SMM, and 24.4% body fat. I know I could have it worse, but I've been much, much better, and I want to be better. I feel horrible about my body, and I know from experience that about 5% less body fat and I feel great. I started seeing a trainer at 235lbs back in October, and got down to 225, but then gained a combination of fat and muscle up to 240, where I am now. I'm much more developed than when I started, and it's nice to be stronger, but have also gained net body %.!<

I am finishing my last term of engineering school: for the two previous terms I was able to track my calories and lose some weight, but this term I'm taking a really heavy, really stressful course load to graduate on time, and it's shown in my eating habits. Calorie tracking takes mental effort and resilience that feels like is spent in its entirety on school, when I'm in a term like this. I'm trying to reduce my stress from school, but with 5 weeks left, I'm basically just sticking it out.

I don't want to wait to start getting back in shape.

I tend to eat junk food when I'm feeling stressed, to feel better. I tend to eat when I'm already feeling good. If I overeat and feel like crap, I stop, but then any memory of feeling like crap goes away when I get hungry again.

I don't want to never eat junk food again, and I don't even know if that's possible. I want to get control. With my activity level, if I didn't binge eat / stress eat, I would lose weight (which I know from the time i got down to 225: I still ate what I wanted, just less).

TLDR: How to I fight the impulse to eat junk food? What works? For people that have trained themselves out of it / mitigated it, what worked for you?

submitted by /u/PM_SHORT_STORY_IDEAS
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3xQfrQr
How do I stop stress eating / eating explicitly for pleasure? How do I stop stress eating / eating explicitly for pleasure? Reviewed by Health And Fitness on May 05, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Recent Comments

Powered by Blogger.