Lost 100lbs almost 8 years ago, it’s been quite a journey

When I was in my early 20s, I was 5’ 4” and about 245 pounds. I have been overweight pretty much all my life, and I decided enough was enough. I got off the couch and went outside for a walk, I started tracking my calories, and I lost 100lbs in about a year and a half.

In the 8 years since I lost the weight, a lot has happened. I’m so, so proud that I’ve kept the majority of it off. However, it hasn’t been easy. Not long after my weight loss, I developed a nasty drinking problem which led to me gaining a lot of weight back. Those were tough years and I felt like a failure. About four years ago, however, I gave up alcohol cold turkey and haven’t touched it since. This led to me losing a TON of weight very very fast, to the point where I even stopped getting my period!

I weigh about 166 pounds now. My lowest weight as an adult has been about 130. I think I want to try to maintain a 140-145 pound weight. I’m good at losing weight, but historically I’m bad at maintaining what I’ve lost. Ive kept the majority of my 100lb weight loss off, but I want to lose this last 20 pounds that seems determined to stay! I want to maintain the weight loss that I worked so hard for all those years ago. I want to fit into my wedding dress again.

It’s been a long journey, full of victories and failures, but I guess it’s never too late to start over.

submitted by /u/ihadallmine
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3frqA1K
Lost 100lbs almost 8 years ago, it’s been quite a journey Lost 100lbs almost 8 years ago, it’s been quite a journey Reviewed by Health And Fitness on May 18, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Recent Comments

Powered by Blogger.