My Story

Hello everyone. So I guess today I have finally decided I should share my story to the world. I have been on quite the fitness journey over the past couple years. It started spring 2019. I weighed 320 pounds and I am 5’11”. I am 21 years old today and weigh 210 pounds. I had been obese my whole life. One day I just had a switch go off in my head that I wanted to change my life for the better and shoot for everything I wanted in my life. I wanted to lose weight and be fit. I just want people to take my story as motivation to shoot for the stars. Never think something is impossible.

So I began just generally eating less and healthier. No second servings and no junk food like cookies and cupcakes and ice cream and chips. I started eating healthier snacks like fruits and pretzels.

Most importantly I started counting calories. I downloaded an app called MyFitnessPal. I’m not claiming it to be 100% accurate but it did an excellent job at keeping me counting my calories consistently that led me to reach the results I was seeking.
I believe I was eating around 2000 to 2500 calories when I first started the amount of calories I could eat decreased as I got closer and closer to my goal. My goal was to lose 2 pounds a week and to weigh 200 pounds. My final calorie intake was around 1500 before I hit my goal. And even tho the scale didn’t show 2 pounds lost every week all the time, I consistently did lose weight.

I hit my goal of 200 pounds summer of 2020. Around halfway through my journey I also started to do light cardio. I would take light walks of 30 minutes to an hour each day. As I got more fit I started to run and do body weight exercises like sit-ups and planks and jumping jacks.

Eventually when I hit my goal, I invested in weights and resistance bands and started to weight training. My current goals now are to build muscle and get stronger. I currently follow a personal workout routine but if anyone’s curious it’s a Push/Pull/Leg 3 day split I do twice a week, and rest on Sunday. I currently train at a gym.

This leads me now to probably the most inspirational part of my journey. My weight loss inspired my family to start losing weight. They started walking and eating healthier. My mom, sister, and brother lost over 200 pounds combined. We vacationed to universal studios Orlando in the fall and my mom was able to fit in rides she never was able to before. My family thanks me and tells me I saved our lives. We were all obese and leading very unhealthy lives.

The craziest thing that happened was probably a month ago when me and my mom were on the way to the gym and walking out to the car. I worked outside with weights and resistance bands in the summer after I hit my goal and I live in a apartment complex so a lot of people saw me (btw I got so many compliments and I cannot thank my community enough). Anyway we saw a man walking and he was using a workout equipment (I have no idea what the thing was). He stopped me and my mom and told us that he would watch us exercise everyday in the summer and we inspired him to start exercising.

So there it is. There’s my story. But in truth my journey just has begun. I’m still year 1 in gym and am striving to get muscular. I just really want or at least hope that people can take my story as the people around me have as motivation to not just reach any fitness goals you have, but any goals you have in general. Never give up.

Here is some before and after pictures of me. I’m not comfortable sharing pictures of my family although I do have one before and after of me and my mom.

https://imgur.com/a/q9oXhHN

Also my Instagram is athletic_frank in case you want to see anything more and want to see future updates. Also if you have any questions about anything, please feel free to message anytime. Thank you for taking the time to read my story and god bless you.

submitted by /u/Fast-Start1891
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/33j4Q2r
My Story My Story Reviewed by Health And Fitness on May 05, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Recent Comments

Powered by Blogger.