12 lbs in 16 days...

About 16 days ago I was prescribed the antidepressant mirtazapine. A common side effect is increased appetite. In fact, the psychiatrist who prescribed it told me some people get so hungry they start eating in their sleep. Of course that's very very rare.

I don't think I've been doing that. No, all my calories have been consumed while I'm completely conscious. In order to gain 12lbs in 16 days, I had to eat over 2,000 calories above maintenance each day. I know this is a sub full of people struggling with their eating habits, but this is something new to me.

Well, newish. I do tend to use food to cope with loss. I am going through some loss right now, which makes it difficult to know if my binge eating is completely due to my new meds. Most of those days were uncomfortable, quite a few have even been painful. I can feel my stomach being stretched by the food, but my brain feels nothing. I just can't stop myself from eating

I'll definitely bring up my eating patterns to my psychiatrist, but I really don't want to try another antidepressant. Lexapro caused sexual dysfunction, and I just don't want to deal with that again. I'm hoping I can just push through this, only eat foods I track, but is it even worth it? I don't want to be on them long term, so why be on them at all?

Anyone else struggling with weight management on antidepressants?

I know I can get myself eating healthy foods in a deficit, but I fear I'll burn out since I'm dealing with never feeling satiated. It feels unnecessarily difficult, and I don't have a whole lot of fight left in me

submitted by /u/Intrepid-Register-12
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Zt6nEH
12 lbs in 16 days... 12 lbs in 16 days... Reviewed by Health And Fitness on October 25, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Recent Comments

Powered by Blogger.