Cant loose weight i recently gained...
I am 180 cm tall, male and in my mid-thirties.I started going to the gym and lifting weights in July when the closures in my area were relaxed. At that time I weighed 74kg/163lbs.
I then started watching my calorie and protein intake because I wanted to build muscle. My maintenance calorie requirement should be around 2300, so I was eating around 2300-2500 kcal per day to have a calorie surplus (as i was told you need a calorie surplus to build muscle). After one month I had already gained about 5kg/11lbs. This was way too fast of course, and I was mainly gaining fat and not muscle. So I reduced the calorie intake to about 2000 per day. That stopped the weight gain, but I was now at 79 kg/174 lbs and my BMI was already close to overweight because of that. So I started to pay even more attention to my diet. I cooked much more myself and further reduced the calories to 1600 per day. After 3 weeks I have lost about 2kg/4.5lbs, since then somehow nothing happens. Despite the low calorie intake for me and 3 times a week strength training, I have not lost any weight for 4 weeks.
My girlfriend (58kg/128lbs) eats the same as me and loses weight.... is it possible that my base metabolic rate is so much lower? I am a bit frustrated, I never watched calories before and was never this heavy. I'm also pretty sure that the issue is not the calorie counting, as I'm paying pretty close attention to that. I'm also eating way less than before when i was 74kg.
Should I continue to reduce my calories or do cardio in addition to strength training? I feel like i've messed up my metabolism somehow and now i don't know how to proceed further.
[link] [comments]
from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3Bd2AIx
No comments: