Time To Lose It

Background:

Age: 42

Gender: M

Weight: 109.6kg (241lbs)

Height: 188cm (6'2")

Goal: 100kg (220lbs)

I've been a lurker on this subreddit for a long time. Honestly, I love the progress people post on this subreddit. It makes me want to lift every time I read about people determined to make a change and it seriously motivates me!

I'm a powerlifter. I'm a certified member of the raw 2/3/4/5 club. If you know what that is, you probably aren't impressed. If you've been lifting for a while and I explain it, you'll probably be impressed, hahaha! That's just how it works with people who lift big stuff. I used to do triathlons despite the fact that I hate running. I moved onto powerlifting and went from the roads to the gym. It was a great transition, but I grew a power belly and I've decided to lose it before Christmas.

I know a great deal about exercise and diets. I'm also married to an angel. She's a personal trainer and the head PT manager for three locations in our area. That obviously gives me a great advantage. I hope to be a wealth of information in this subreddit as we lose together. :)

Workout:

I'll be doing a pretty standard Wendler 5/3/1 template on this cut. (Joker sets, first set last, etc.)

I have some spiciness in the accessories though. I wouldn't recommend my workout to beginners. However, if you want to get stronger during your journey, I will happily help any way I can.

I'm also going to start back on cardio 3-4 days a week. A 30-45 bike ride probably because I love cycling.

I don't intend to get stronger on this plan. It's more to maintain strength as I progress through the cut. I definitely won't be breaking PR's at this time.

Also, ladies, if you have questions about girl-centric exercises, I can ask my wife for you, hahaha.

Diet:

Chicken, chicken, and more chicken.

I aim to cut with around 2,000-2,300 calories daily. It's a good spot for me. Which means, I should lose between 0.5 - 0.75 kg a week. That's 1.1lbs - 1.65lbs if you use freedom units.

I'll post on this subreddit every day or two with my meals so you can look at what I'm doing. If you have any questions/advice, feel free to comment! I've never met a person who didn't have something to teach me.

The only supplements I use are protein powder and vitamins. I have some creatine I'll use during the front load because it's been sitting around my kitchen and I might as well use it. If you are on a weight loss journey, I don't recommend creatine. It's not going to help. I do highly recommend a protein shake as a meal replacement though as it cuts calories quickly and gives you a healthy option.

I'm cutting out all alcohol. That's not a big problem, but it usually leads to binging the day after. I only drink once a week so it's not a big problem.

Secret Advice:

I plan on adding some very valuable advice as I progress. This isn't my first rodeo. I've cut for tons of reasons before. (Jiu Jitsu comps, bodybuilding contest, to win a bet, etc.)

Here's my first super secret to share. GET GOOD MUSIC!

Seriously, don't overlook that advice. the difference between a good gym session and a bad one can come down to good music. Go find songs that raise your heart rate and make you want to get off your ass! 80's rock, gangster rap, katy perry, it doesn't matter! What matters is the will to move and music can do that to you. Load up your phone with hyped music, turn it up, and get to work! I promise you'll see the difference.

Conclusion:

I hope what I post helps others and others can motivate me too. I know a lot of people on this subreddit aren't happy with their bodies. That's okay, I'm not either. We are in this together! All of your stories have seriously motivated me, and I want to motivate some of you.

I'll post before/during/after picture during the journey too.

I'll be following this subreddit closely and I hope to keep reading your stories. I love the motivation of this subreddit. I'm cheering for all of you!

submitted by /u/UWG-Grad_Student
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/kzyMO3T
Time To Lose It Time To Lose It Reviewed by Health And Fitness on September 15, 2022 Rating: 5

No comments:

Recent Comments

Powered by Blogger.