29(m) struggling with weight loss.
As the title suggests I am 29(m) from Australia and am having a really hard time losing weight. I am 193cm tall (6ft4in) and weigh in at 130kg currently which is the heaviest I've ever been. Naturally I'm a big build, broad shoulders, big chest and arms but in the last year I've gained so much weight to the point I've experienced my first stretch marks that have appeared on my stomach and I'm absolutely devastated. I've had a pretty hard time over the last couple years with covid isolations, relationship breakdown, being addicted to tobacco and weed and it's all heavily contributed to my uncontrollable weight gain.
To give some context, for most of my life I have been very active, played sports all through my childhood and teens and was still playing rugby and American Football into my early 20s. When I busted both my shoulders and had a motorbike accident where I injured my lower spine I had to give up most sports and switch to gym/walking where I was still able to maintain my average weight of 110kg up until 2021.
Fast forward to present day and I have given up smoking and also quit weed in the past month, which the first day I was sober was the first day I went back to the gym. For the last 4 weeks I have been to the gym 3 times a week and the days I'm not at the gym, I walk about 3-4km as fitness outside of everyday walking at work/shops etc. I really enjoy lifting weights but it makes me bulk up easily and I really don't want to be any bigger than I am now. I want to get lean, and drop 20-25kg back to my average weight of 110kg, ideally 100kg but would settle for 110kg.
My biggest issue is diet and understanding how many calories I should be consuming each day to lose weight. I am not a fussy eater and enjoy healthy foods but even with healthy foods I think I am consuming too much. I also love weight training but am unsure how many reps or weight limit I should be lifting to get lean instead of bulking up. I would be open to all ideas about how I should tackle my eating and calorie consumption and am also willing to give intermittent fasting a crack if it would be beneficial given my story above.
I apologise for rambling on but I feel really lost about food for the first time in my life and am feeling really self defeated as after 4 weeks my weight hasn't changed at all and I'm just starting to feel really lost.
[link] [comments]
from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/1rJqFbS
No comments: