An Audio Story/game Gives me the Motivation to Stay Active After a Few Months Off

So I have been working out consistently for the past few years, ~5-6 times a week. Strength training + 1-2 HITT workouts each session, counting my macros daily (a few off days here and there). Quite lots of work for real but happy with my weight and how I looked. 😅

I tore my ACL from playing flat football like 6 months ago and I am back to the gym but as often as used to... I adjusted my calorie intake a bit but keep gaining weight and feeling bloated. Also, I have a desk job so I sit all day pretty much. It is quite nice to not go into the office and can sleep for extra ~30 mins a day but my step count can be only a few hundred a day... One of my friends suggested I go for a 20-30 min walk a day as rehab and get some daily movements in.

I started doing it but I got bored very quickly after a week. I need something to listen to but am tired of the same playlist and relisten to First Take (my fav talk show). Then, I found this audio adventure game called Dustland Runner. Don't let the name fool you, can walk, no need to run. It is great for my knee as I am not confident to run yet. The story is quite interesting and the duration is perfect for my walk. There are 9 episodes out so far, I was a bit bumped and hope they will release more soon! I relisten to all the episodes but like to get some updates so I jumped into their Discord and found out more about the gameplay. More episodes are coming and I did not know I can use some in-game items to make a shoe or something to level up in the game, hope I can unlock more episode .

Tbh I am glad I found something to build a new healthy habit. I was ~200 pounds before and I am around 190 pounds now, closer to my pre-surgery weight. I look less bloated as well.👀

submitted by /u/akatedmosby
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/wIJEHRD
An Audio Story/game Gives me the Motivation to Stay Active After a Few Months Off An Audio Story/game Gives me the Motivation to Stay Active After a Few Months Off Reviewed by Health And Fitness on November 14, 2022 Rating: 5

No comments:

Recent Comments

Powered by Blogger.